- Sebastian Vettel won the race. For those of you that have no idea, here are some details about him:
- He's German
- Races for Red Bull Racing
- Current World Champion
- I saw Rick Astley perform in concert. Here are my 3 cents on this experience. **** Why 3 cents, you ask? Because I have more sense than the average person and I'm louder.
- If you are a man and you're not there with your significant other, you shouldn't be in a pavilion taking up space watching Rick Astley perform. You need to listen outside the pavilion and give your "seat" to a female. It's just the right thing to do.
- Rick talked to the crowd about the humidity in Singapore. **** Tell us something we don't know. He performed all of his hits and a few covers and I must say, I enjoyed the performance.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah. I like Rick Astley.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
I went to the match with Xander and Andreas. I work with both of them and they're fun. They both came prepared. Andreas was dressed in red, and Xander sported a Singapore scarf. I just wanted to get out of my work clothes and not melt to death in the humidity. In the opening few minutes or so of the game, Xander asked us who we thought would win and for a prediction on the final score. I predicted that Iraq would win 1-0.
At that very moment, I also regretted not running across the street to put a bet on the game! Oh well. **** Incidentally, I would've won.
We returned to our seats after missing a portion of the 2nd half and sure enough Iraq scored again. It was a weird goal... Surreal how the ball bounced into the goal...
Singapore lost, but it was fun to do something sporty again. Happy I got the invite!
Monday, September 5, 2011
I'm not really sure, "why", but I've always wanted to go to Bali. So, this past weekend, that's just what I did. Now I don't care if you think it's cheating or not, but I stayed at the W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak (Seminyak, Indonesia). Why? Because I'm Starwood Platinum and I deserve to treat myself to a little bit of rest and relaxation once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I like culture but there's only so much "culture" that I can absorb before I start to crave the beach and some pool time.