Here's a link to the original post: http://www.thewirk.com/2010/08/hollywood-casino-in-charles-town-wv-my.html
Now, here's an update:
- I saw a $10 minimum craps table, but it was not open. At the $10 tables the casino only offers 2X odds.
- There were 2 $15 minimum tables that were open, and the odds offered are different than most casinos. With a $15 minimum pass line bet you can place:
- Up to $40 behind for your odds, if the point is 5 or 9
- Up to $50 behind for your odds, if the point is 6 or 8
- Some people can't afford the $15 minimum you'll see those folks placing bets in the center (i.e. prop bets).
- As a result, the table can get slow since people are throwing white, dollar chips from all directions and betting the C&E, hard ways, any 7, etc. Therefore, you'll need to be patient.
- Tables were cold, and there were a good number of "don't" players.
- My friend said she saw $15 minimum blackjack tables.
- We played $50 minimum Lucky Ladies blackjack and won.
**** Supposedly if you write a letter to the casino, complaining about the odds (i.e. increase demand for 3, 4, 5X odds) the casino might change their practices. There is a Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg, IN that offers better odds so you'd think that the one in West Virginia could follow suit ~ especially with all the table game competition in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
Pass up on cold tables and see to it that you're able to place winning odds.ReplyDelete