I missed the opening tip-off, because I was negotiating...
At The Garden and in NYC space is limited, so student sections are smaller
Marquette kept it close in the 1st half.
Check out the Hoyas' shooting percentages. Wow!
It's been 25 years and it still hurts...
- I don't know if WVU is young ~ but they play young and seem to make mistakes. This was my first time watching them, and I saw guys that thought they had their bunny shots/lay-ups made, so they finished sloppily and/or missed.
- Yuck... Missed bunny shots make me think of only one person. The New York Knicks' Charles Smith. He missed 4 lay-up/bunny shots at The Garden, when the Knicks had a chance to take a 3-2 lead in the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals ... Ugh ~ I don't want to type about it. The memories give me heartburn... I actually met Charles briefly earlier this year at NBA All-Star Weekend in Dallas. I congratulated him on a great career. It was the humane thing to do.
- There were moments during the game when I thought Coach Huggins' head was going to explode. When one of the WVU players should've dunked, but instead went for a lay-up and missed, I instinctively "ducked and covered" (i.e. as if I were at a Gallagher show and he was about to crush a watermelon with that carnival hammer). Honestly, I would've bet cash money that Huggins' head would burst and the game would have to be called. I bet people, who were watching at home, started trying to adjust the color settings on their TVs. It's not right for someone's face to turn that red. That player is lucky that WVU won.
- Huggins' casual attire reminds me of Coach Belichick's hoody. Random, but not really...
- I never really paid atttention to the Mountaineers until tonight, but there was no way to miss the fact that that they play(ed) a 1:3:1 defense. I wonder... When I was in junior high, we learned how to play man to man, and zone.. We learned and played against both 1:3:1 and 2:3.
- If my junior high coach had 3 months with Tracy McGrady, T-Mac would've never been clueless against a zone (i.e. preventing all the embarrassment about his playing slump and Doc River's coaching skills,when they were both in Orlando). Just saying...
- 2:3 zone defense will always be one of the things I associate with Syracuse. Who beat Syracuse earlier this week? Yes, Georgetown did.
- FYI ~ Syracuse is also the real deal. If I had to guess right now who'd go farther in tourney when March Madness really begins, tonight I'd pick Syracuse. However, ask me again after Selection Sunday, and I take a look at the brackets.
- I love to people watch and watching old drunk men yell at each other after/during games makes me laugh. They look foolish, but they can't seem to help themselves. After the doubleheader two, 50ish silver foxes were yelling and getting into each other's faces on the courses. Who knows what got their Wranglers in a bunch? But, leave it to some college kid to yell, "Kick his a**, Sea Bass!" I literally laughed out loud.
- I only heard "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, ONCE!!! Yeah!!!
- If you don't understand the reason for this bullet, then you're not reading this blog regularly. Keep in mind, that you're only hurting yourself :-P
- Over by the media tables, there are TVs. People can change the channel on these TVs. I kid you not. Someone preferred to watch Talladega Nights as opposed to part of the 2nd game. Does that tell you anything?
That's not a NASCAR driver, that's Will Ferrell
On to the next episode in the morning, so that's all for now...
And if you're not geared up for March Madness, here you go!