With the USA eliminated from competition, I'll admit that I've tuned out of the World Cup. If walking by a TV, with a match on, I'll stop and check the score ~ but I really have no idea anymore about who I want to win.
I received the following message today from my good friend, Kanak. I found it funny that she even sent it, since she's not a sporty person. To be honest, I nearly fell out of my seat when she texted me (i.e. during Game 7 of the Los Angeles Lakers v Boston Celtics series) that Sasha Vujacic needed to shave! I couldn't believe the girl even had the TV on still, much less was watching and cared enough to read the names on the jerseys. She said she checks into this blog ~ and now I believe her.
Further, being that she lived in Brasil/Brazil, she does have interest in soccer/futbol. So here are her 2 cents and predictions for the rest of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Here's what SHE wrote:
" Ok...Soooo I wanted to send my predictions to you. I know you aren't that into soccer, but I am super EXCITED, and you are the only one that might half way care now that the US is out."
- Argentina will beat Germany easily, to face Portugal next (i.e. who will beat Spain today and move on to beat either Paraguay or Japan).
1st half ~ Spain v Portugal (Photo taken by, Wirk Part 2)
- I couldn't care less about either of those teams and who wins that game (i.e. Paraguay v Japan).
- Brasil/Brazil (will make it to the semifinal because they are playing the Netherlands for the spot, and if they lose to them I just have to hang my head in shame...lol!.
- Brasil/Brazil will probably face Uruguay (i.e. even though Ghana was looking strong, I don't think they can beat Uruguay), as a face-off for the 1950 World Cup Final, but hopefully with inverted scoreboard (2 x 1 Brasil, this time).
- Argentina will make it to the semi-finals for sure.
- I don't care what people say about Germany, I don't think they are going.
- Final Brasil/Brazil v Argentina, neighbor x neighbor, mortal enemies.
- And if all goes well Brasil/Brazil will be the NUMBER ONE! Woohoo!"
Kanak, for THE WIRK
the one bullet should have read"I don't care what people say about Germany, I don't think they are going"? that was a typo on my part! LOL!ReplyDelete
no problem. i just corrected it for you. thanks!ReplyDelete
I think that the Germany/Argentina match will be the fixture of the tournement and the winner will be the eventual WC champion. I think Spain will fall to Portugal, and the winner of the Japan/Paraguay game is just a lamb to the slaughter. I think Jen is too quick to dismiss the Netherlands and Uruguay, but I would bet on Brazil to make it through. My money is on a Germany/Brazil final and I am rooting for the GermansReplyDelete
Ich glaube, Sie sind falsch aber ich respektiere Ihre Meinung :-)
rich - i just want to see some scoring! it's tough for an amateur fan like me to grind it out for 90+ minutes and only see only 1 goal. and yes, lol ~ nobody ever said kanak was unbiased!ReplyDelete
kanak - easy there "rosetta stone" english is the primary language of TheWirk.com (i.e. UNTIL we really go global)... :)
GLOBALIZE TheWirk.com!!!!!!!!!!! :-)ReplyDelete
Inverted meaning reversed score so Brasil is the winner :-)
as for globalization, we're getting there! i still have no idea what you're talking about with regard to inverted scoring and reversed score...ReplyDelete